We are proud to announce that AIC Plainsview were awarded a Certificate for continuous support for the Youth Ministry at Ukunda.
Report on the Annual Women Conference held on 12-14 May 2017
The AIC Prayer Women Conference is an annual event organised by the AIC Kenya. This year the event took place from 12th -14th May 2017 at Kasarani Conference Centre, Nairobi. The meeting is a national event that brings together AIC women across the country. It caters for all ladies above the age of 21. The conference fee was sh 5000. It is usually a time of spiritual refreshment
The theme for this year is ‘Woman of God, take your Position’. The programme for the three days revolved around this theme and women were taught through the various speakers who shared powerful teachings. The two main speakers were Dr Ndambuki and Dr Tuimising.
For a woman to take her position, it is important for her to understand who she is and how her creator sees her and envisages her to be. To be able to effectively take position we ought to know that
- We are justified (completely forgiven and made righteous, Romans 5:1)
- We are redeemed from the curse of the law, (Galatians 3:13)
- We are chosen and dearly loved, (Colossians 3:12)
- We have the mind of Christ, (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- We are the dwelling place for the Holy Spirit, (Ephesians 2:22)
During the three days conference, the women were taken through the life of the women in the Bible and they were challenged to emulate their principles and characteristics: The teachings covered the following
- Day 1: Deborah –(Judges 4-5)- Deborah was a woman who took her position to inspire the great nation of Israel
- Day 2: Esther –(Esther 2) –A woman who took her position and made a difference in her time and for her people
- Day 3: Abigail – (1 Samuel 25) – A woman who made a difference in her family and was entered into records of history
During the conference time was allocated for personal prayers and the main focus of the prayers were :
- Thanksgiving prayers –Thanking the Lord for Provision and sustenance, peace, people of Kenya who continue to excel in many areas and beauty of our land, etc
- Prayers for our leaders –Pray to God that our leaders will
- Fear God and have reverence for His anointing
- Have Wisdom and discernment
- Fight for promotion and protection of peace and unity
- Prayers for the Church -That our Lord may intervene in our lives to promote:
- Sound teaching and doctrine against the sin of atheism
- Firm defense of the Truth
- Firm against sexual immorality
- The defense of the poor and needy
- Humility, Discernment, Love and Selflessness
- Prayers for the Family – That the Lord may grant our families with
- The restoration of family and social value
- Love and respect between spouses
The women conference attracted a total of 1800 women from all over the county. This included women from Mandera, Lamu Turkana amongst other distant places. There were also missionaries sponsored by various churches. Plainsview church sent about 60 ladies. The Nairobi Area hosted the conference this year. The Nairobi women leadership did a great job in organising this years conference. It was one of the best in the recent past. The spiritual and physical nourishment was excellent.
Appreciation: we thank
- God for good speakers, health and provision throughout the conference
- The AIC Kenya for giving Women the opportunity to meet every year. This is an annual event in the Calendar
- Nairobi Area leadership for the support and working with the women in planning for the conference
- AIC Plainview for supporting the Organizing Committee in planning, financial support to the Local Church ladies, Spiritual and moral support. In this connection AIC Plainsview paid KES 2000 for every member who attended giving a total support of KES 120,000.
Thank you all and May the Lord bless you.
AICMB Day -07-May-2017
The AICMB Day at AIC Plainsview was presided by the staff from Africa Inland Mission Headquarters led by Rev. Collins McDougall. AIM covers Kenya and Tanzania and takes care of 150 missionaries in East and Central Africa. The Team led in both services in Praise and worship. The Speaker of the day was Rev. Collins McDougall and the sermon came from 2 Corinthians 10:12-18